I have discovered a secret to good posture! For years I've struggled with posture. But I learned from Denise Austin that tightening the abs, or holding them tight throughout the day will improve posture and is good for the back! I imagine that some think this is a silly post but what astonishes me is that there are so many simple yet important bits of information that should be common knowledge but aren't and this is one of those things I wish I learned much earlier.
1 comment:
Very good point. I have found that keeping your abs in good shape is critical to solving lower-back paint. Since I often work at desk jobs where I'll be sitting for long periods of time, I find that my lower back suffers unless I do some simple "crunch" type exercises daily. What I do is lay flat on my back and lift both legs off the floor slightly, held straight, while also lifting my upper body off the floor straight. I think it's a pilates type maneuver, and you're supposed to use your abs to do all the work. It helps my back a ton!
Post a Comment