The day after Mike's birthday my parents flew in for a visit. They were originally planning on driving up after Christmas, but because of all the snow we received they decided to come on president's day weekend instead. The have a timeshare condo at Seaside and Depoe Bay, so we stayed at each one for a night and had a great time.

My dad and my boys all in their Storm hats ( a minor league baseball team near my parent's house).

It was cold and cloudy, but I don't care, I am a beach girl! If I have to face bad weather I would rather be near the beach than in a city. I love the smell of the salt in the air and the sound of the waves crashing on the beach and rocks. And I love the sound of seagulls. We had so many seagulls at my high school that many people walked to class with books or back packs over their heads.

Elijah had so much fun playing with sticks and picking up sea shells.

He loved splashing in a puddle until he realized it is no fun to have wet pants when it is cold outside! Good thing our condo was close!

Danny wasn't walking yet, but he always loves observing everything from up high. He really loves to be in the backpack.

Danny and grandpa had fun on a carosel in Seaside. Elijah for some reason did not want to sit on a moving animal, so he and I sat on a stationary bench. He told me later that he only likes the Disneyland carosels!

After we spent the night at Seaside we drove to Depoe Bay, with a stop at the Tillamook Cheese Factory. Elijah was so enthralled with watching the huge blocks of cheese get cut and packaged. He didn't even want to leave when grandma offered to by him an ice cream cone!

This was the view from our Depoe Bay condo. It was so beautiful! We left our windows cracked open, even though it was cold, so we could hear the waves crashing on the rocks while we slept.

I might be partial, but I think Mike is such an amazing photographer. He took so many beautiful pictures that I coudn't include even a small part of them!
No comments:
Post a Comment