Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

I am so lucky to have such wonderful men in my life! Mike is such a wonderful husband and father and I am so grateful for him. It's no wonder the kids love him so much. Both of them said Dada or Daddy long before Mommy. And they are always so excited when Daddy comes home and plays with them. He never complains about diaper changes and getting up in the middle of the night. Thank you so much for all you do. I love you!!!

I love this picture of him....he is so cute!!!!



I am also grateful for my dad. He has always been there for me. I remember once when I was having a hard time at school and I was complaining that I wasn't pretty or popular like the other girls. He told me that I was pretty and always made me feel loved at home. I remember dancing with him at the Daddy-Daughter dances. I am so thankful that he always made family his priority. He even turned down a promotion because it would have taken him away from the family. It is fun to see him now with my boys. They both absolutely adore their grandpa. He is fun and always teases them. Once when Elijah was just a few weeks old and was crying my dad said in his deep, gruff voice, "Hey kid, knock it off" and Elijah, looking a little startled, looked right up at him and stopped crying. He and Danny of course have a special bond because they are both Idaho guys, though Danny was only a few weeks old when he moved. I wish we could see him and my family more. Maybe someday we will live closer. Happy Father's day dad, I love you!




No comments:

Contributors