Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Life with an imaginative 3 yr old

Last week my mother-in-law, Karen, watched the boys for us while we watched a movie. She watched some cartoon with them called the Backyardigans and there was apparently a little blue penguin named Pablo. Now there were other characters, but I guess Pablo left a big impression on Elijah because that's all he could talk about.

Whenever Elijah watches a movie that he likes he goes into his pretend mode and he has to act out his favorite scenes. Over the past few months he has been Peter Pan, Bolt, Oliver, and many others. One of my favorites was when he saw the Mickey Mouse version of the Three Musketeers. He declared himself Mickey Mouse and then said that Danny was Donald Duck and Mike was Goofy. After some thought he made me the princess, Minnie Mouse. Then he went on to say that Grandpa was Big Pete, the bad guy and grandma was that Crazy Duck (it took me awhile to figure out that he meant Daisy Duck).

So anyway the day after he decided that he was Pablo I took him to the primary activity. When I picked him up and got his papers and things I was a little surprised to see that everything said Pablo Lyman on it! After talking to some of the leaders they said that he refused to answer to anything but Pablo. Some of the parent volunteers didn't know who he really was and had to ask around to find out who the little boy that kept calling himself Pablo was. The primary presidency asked what that was all about and I explained it, then we all just laughed. He is such a silly boy! He is totally destined to be an actor!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Cute! I hope preschool with you guys work out this fall!

Stephanie L. said...

LOL! I love the story about Elijah at primary. That is soooo funny! Very cute.

~Stephanie

Contributors