Wednesday, September 23, 2009

First Day of School

Since I graduated college 7 years ago, I have had many teaching experiences. From a biligual 5th grade classroom in an inner-city San Diego school to kindergarten in a private school they have all been unique. But this week I got to teach my own child in our preschool co-op group. It was a fun experience. Teaching 3 and 4 year olds in your home is so much different than teaching in an elementary school. We were studying the letter B and nutrition so we made homemade wheat bread in a bag. We put all the ingredients in a big ziplock bag and the kids got to "squish" and knead the bread. The kids loved it, though it was a little wild for awhile and took me a little bit to clean up my kitchen! I'm excited to be teaching again. Especially since it looks like I won't be tutoring this year.

I think Elijah will love school this year. I can't wait until he gets to go to kindergarten, I think he will absolutely love it! Too bad he misses the cutoff in Oregon by 3 days. Who knows, maybe we won't be in Oregon anymore by that time.

First day of preschool. Elijah wanted to ride his bike, but it was a little far for a tricycle!


He got a cute little Toy Story backpack from one of his friends for his birthday. He loves it!





2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Super cute! Love the backpack! : )

Stephanie L. said...

Fun! I'm glad that he's enjoying preschool and you are too! :D

~Stephanie

Contributors