Thanks for all the sympathy and suggestions. I'm feeling better with the sunshine today! It's still a little cold and wet from yesterday's rain, but I love seeing blue skies! The constant cover of gray really gets to me. Hopefully things will continue to improve for us finacially so we can afford a reliable second vehicle, then I will be able to get out more to the library and other places. As it is the boys and I have fun making forts out of blankets and chairs and other indoor games. It just helps when there is some sun shining through the windows!
Mike keeps telling me that I should start a food blog because I do so much cooking and baking. I think I'll just start here. I love food! I love to eat and I love to cook for my family. I love trying new things and experimenting in the kitchen. I also like taking old favorites and putting new twists on them. I rarely follow recipes exactly, because I think it's fun to change it up. I really need to get better at recording a some of the basic recipes I make one up because when someone asks for the recipe or when Mike wants me to make it again I often can't remember exactly what I put in it! I can usually get it pretty close though. I love that my kids will eat most of the things I make, even if it has things like kale, squash, spinach, artichokes, or other things most children don't like. Elijah likes to help me in the kitchen, which is fun....sometimes. This past holiday season people must have though we are a little strange because Elijah would talk about all the GARLIC on our Christmas tree (GARLAND) and the LASAGNA puppet Danny got for his birthday (IGUANA).
I also enjoy baking and decorating cakes. Mike's 30th birthday is the day after tomorrow and I am trying to decide what kind of cake to make him. His favorite is my snicker's cake. I make a chocolate cake and layer it with homemade caramel, chopped up snickers, and chopped roasted peanuts, all frosted with a yummy dark chocolate fudge frosting. He also likes a peanut butter cup cake I've made before. I'm not sure what kind I'll make, but I know it will be chocolate.
Well I got to get back to my bread baking and house cleaning.
No comments:
Post a Comment