The other day I made grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch. As Elijah started eating his, he looked at it for a minute and declared that it was not a grill cheese sandwich, but a boy cheese sandwich! I love the way his mind works!
Grill or boy, Danny just enjoyed his sandwich. He loves to eat!Then, the other day, I noticed the kids were quiet, which is never a good thing! I went and checked on them and they were lining up a bunch of play food into the heater in Elijah's room (I think Danny actually started this one). To make matters worse, either Elijah has turned on the heater or it hadn't gotten turned off yet that morning. So we had melted plastic food all over the heater! I ended up throwing away a bunch of the food and though we cleaned the heater as best as we could, it still smells like melted plastic in his room!
Since, I am out-numbered by the boys in this house, usually when Elijah play-acts he is Super-man, Batman, Peterpan, or something else equally boyish. So imagine our surprise the other day when he declared that he was a fairy. Mike was happened to be home and when he heard that said in a very firm voice, "No you are not!!" So I explained that fairies were usually girls. He thought about it for a minute, then said "Ok, I'm a boy fairy." Then he said he had wings and ran around the house pretending to shoot things, so Mike didn't say anything more. I'm not really sure where he got that from! The only thing I can think about is that one of his favorite movies is Peter Pan, which of course has Tinker Bell.
I got tons of funny stories, but one more I'll share for now happened this morning. I thought it would be fun for Elijah to see how wheat becomes flour, which makes a dough to make bread. So I let him "help" me make bread this morning. Well, he decided that the mixer wasn't going fast enough. So he waited until I added a new cup of flour and turned the mixer on high, of course covering everything in the immediate vicinity with a dusting of flour!
At least life isn't boring with a 3-year-old!
2 comments:
Cute stories! It was fun to see you guys today! Let's do it again soon!
LoL! Those are some great stories! We had the melting plastic issues when we were living there too... lol.
~Stephanie
Post a Comment